MIS304 Information Systems for Business Assignment
|ASSESSMENT 2 PART B BRIEF|
|Subject Code and Title||MIS304 Information Systems for Business (Advanced)|
|Assessment||Industry-based case study: Industry-based report|
|Length||1000 words (+/- 10%), supporting visuals|
|Learning Outcomes||The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include: |
Apply data visualisation techniques using analytics tool to an industry-based case study.
Critically analyse data in an organisational context.
|Submission||Due by 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Sunday end of Module 5.2 (Week 10)|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
In groups, you are required to review the Analysis Workbook produced for Assessment Task 2 Part A that included a data analysis and visualisation plan. For Assessment Task 2 Part B, you will analyse the same dataset that was selected and explored in Part A. You will document your findings, business insights, and recommendations and complete the workbook, including an Industry-based report. You will continue working in the same group as for Assessment 2 Part A.
Please refer to the Instructions section below for details on how to complete this task.
By analysing data, businesses evaluate their performance and make informed decisions. Data reporting is the most important step of this process since it helps them keep track of the various steps taken including collecting, merging, cleaning, analysing and visualising business data. In the context of this assessment task, you are introduced to this data analysis and reporting practices using an industry-based tool to produce a meaningful and insightful business report. You will extend your knowledge gained while completing Assessment task 1, working on a similar dataset, but this time using Tableau. While completing Assessment task 2 Part B, you will develop skills in working as a team to select and review an industry-related public data set. You will also demonstrate the ability to explore, describe, clean, and analyse the dataset, identify key information and concepts within the scenario and develop an Analysis Workbook.
Modules 1 to 4 covered aspects of data analysis and its importance in business contexts. In Assessment task 2 Part A, you demonstrated your knowledge by working on sourcing industry-relevant data, exploring and evaluating data, and setting up a detailed analysis and visualisation plan. The aim of Assessment task 2 Part B is to help you perform the various analyses and interpretations by creating suitable visualisations in a business context. This assessment task will also prepare you to deal with industry-based case study evaluations in the future.
You will continue working in the same teams as for Assessment task 2 Part A. You are also required to use the data analysis planning completed for Part A.
For Part B, the team members are business analysts who have been tasked by the board of directors to provide them with a detailed analysis of the industry-based dataset chosen, along with a report of what the results of the data indicate for the future of the corresponding industry.
To prepare for this assessment task, review Modules 2-4 and read the relevant content on visualisation, interactive dashboards, and interpreting findings.
To complete this assessment task successfully, you must complete the following four tasks:
Task 1: Review the Group Contract
- Please read your completed MIS304 Assessment 2 Group Contract. This document outlines the rules and conditions each group must follow for all parts of Assessment task 2 as well as each group member’s roles and responsibilities. Each group completed the group contract and attached it as an appendix to the Analysis Workbook for Assessment task 2 Part A.
- For assessment tasks where students are expected to work in groups, the workload must be shared equitably among all group members. Please refer to sections 6.1 and 6.2 of the Student Conduct Policy.
- For Assessment task 2 Part B, you should keep records of communication and drafts. Any serious concerns about an individual group member’s contribution should be brought to the attention of your Learning Facilitator as soon as they occur or at least two weeks before the assessment task due date, whichever is earlier. Teams may also be required to produce these records as evidence of group members’ contributions.
- If a student has been accused of not contributing equally or fairly to a group assessment task, the student will be contacted by the Learning Facilitator and given three working days to respond to the allegation and provide supporting evidence. If there is no response within three working days of contact, the Learning Facilitator will determine an appropriate mark based on the evidence available. This may differ from the mark awarded to other group members and will reflect the individual student’s contribution in terms of the quantity and quality of work.
Task 2: Review plan in the Analysis Workbook and create suitable visualisations on Tableau
- Review the template of your Analysis Workbook and revisit the data analysis and visualisation plan. Append or modify steps if needed.
- Create suitable charts, graphs and dashboards using Tableau software in order to justify the aims and objectives documented in your Analysis Workbook (see Task 7 of Assessment 2 Part A).
- Document your findings and interpretations in the report (see task 3).
Task 3: Complete a group report (1000 words)
- Based on your visualisations and findings, write a report. You must create a new section in your existing Analysis Workbook from Assessment 2 Part A and include the report.
- The report must follow the structure outlined below:
- Title Page.
- Investigative questions, aims/objectives.
- Detailed analysis.
- Key findings and interpretations.
- Screenshots of multiple charts and graphs created on individual sheets and also combined on an interactive dashboard to support your analysis and findings.
- Considerations of what the data suggests that provide valuable information to help the directors make key business decisions for the future.
- Privacy and ethical considerations in connection with your data handling and dashboard solution.
- Conclusions and suitable recommendations.
- An appendix with any additional materials to be added to the group report.
- This report MUST be included in your previously created Analysis Workbook (Assessment task 2 Part A).
Task 4: Use appropriate format and professional layout
- Use font Arial or Calibri 11-point, line spacing at 1.5, and page numbers in the footer.
- Attention should be given to pagination to avoid loss of meaning and continuity by unnecessarily splitting information over two pages for graphs, dashboard diagrams, visuals and tables. Diagrams must be captioned and referenced using APA style guidelines.
- Include a minimum of five (5) academic references that are either textbooks or academic journals.
The Analysis Workbook, including the report, needs to be submitted as a Word (.doc) file for Assessment 2 Part B.
Related Article:- FE7066 Data Analysis for Global Business Assignment Help
It is essential that you use the appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing on the Academic Skills webpage.
Submit this task via the Assessment 2 Part B link in the main navigation menu in MIS304 Information Systems for Business (Advanced). Your submission will consist of one document:
(i) An Analysis Workbook in Word (.doc) format with visualisation charts in Tableau and the report.
One person representing the group should submit this assessment task via the Assessment 2 Part B link in the main navigation menu in MIS304 Information Systems for Business (Advanced). Please advise your Learning Facilitator who the nominated person will be before the submission date.
The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
All students are responsible for ensuring that all work submitted is their own and is appropriately referenced and academically written according to the Academic Writing Guide. Students also need to have read and be aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure and subsequent penalties for academic misconduct. These are viewable online.
Students also must keep a copy of all submitted material and any assessment drafts.
Get Assignment Help Services with Diploma Assignment Help at an affordable price now.
To apply for special consideration for a modification to an assessment or exam due to unexpected or extenuating circumstances, please consult the Assessment Policy for Higher Education Coursework and ELICOS and, if applicable to your circumstance, submit a completed Application for Assessment Special Consideration Form to your Learning Facilitator.
|The following Subject Learning Outcomes are addressed in this assessment|
|SLO b)||Apply data visualisation techniques using an analytics tool to an industry-based case study.|
|SLO c)||Critically analyse data within an organisational context and construct a business intelligence report|