CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- Gather information about the child through observation
- Gather information about the child from secondary sources
- Record observations appropriately
- Use observations and information collected to contribute to program planning
CHCECE013 describes the skills and knowledge required to gather information about children through observation and other sources as a basis to inform program-planning cycles and to share with children and their families.
CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice applies to educators working in a range of education and care services.
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of CHCECE013, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role. There must be demonstrated evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks:
- observed, documented and analysed information regarding at least three children of varying ages, including:
- gathering and recording information using:
- discussion with families
- anecdotal information
- learning stories
- digital images
- samples of children’s work
- analysing observations of the children’s behaviour, including:
- aspects of child’s development
- knowledge, ideas, abilities and interests
- social interactions
- reactions to play environment
- writing reports that record observations accurately and respectfully to the level of detail expected in the service
- using information to contribute to program/planning.
Get Cookery Assignment Help at affordable prices now.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively do the task outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage the task and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. These include knowledge of:
- how to access:
- the National Quality Framework
- the National Quality Standards
- the relevant approved learning framework
- how to navigate through standards and framework documents to find areas relevant to this unit of competency
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- code of ethics
- reflective practice
- child development, in order to analyse information and plan accordingly
- observation techniques
- report-writing standards and protocols relevant to the context of observation reports
- organisational standards, policies and procedures.
Further information including the unit description, performance criteria and assessment standards are available.
Students Like to Read: CHCECE017 assessment answers
Get the best CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice answers by the Diploma Assignment Help. We have the best experts for CHCECE013 assessment answers