Unit 15 Resort Management deals with the operations of the resort. It is designed to achieve a better understanding of the complexities of the tour operators. It will also focus on the function and structure of the operators. A thorough examination of the quality procedures will be performed. A range of incidents including the operations of the resort operators will also be explored.
On successful completion of this unit a learner will:
- Understand the function and structure of resort operations
- Understand the role and impact of quality systems and procedures
- Understand the management issues relating to incidents.
LO1 Understand the function and structure of resort operations
The resort operation management functions deal with its coordination with the suppliers. It also focuses on customer service and customer information. The communication with the customers and the structures of different tour plans also play an important role in this case.
LO2 Understand the role and impact of quality systems and procedures
The quality systems and procedures help in maintaining the health and safety standards of particular resort operations. It deals with the irregularities by documentation, communication and efforts to minimize disruptions. The codes of conduct are taken into account.
LO3 Understand the management issues relating to incidents
The management faces issues during natural disasters including hurricanes, avalanches, floods and many more. It also includes transport incidents such as hijacks, unsuitable vehicles and medical incidents such as food poisoning. The management issues surface to a great extent during this time and the management must take proper steps to control it. It must follow proper guidelines regarding these issues. It also includes communication with the external organizations, affected customers and families.
Learning outcomes and assessment criteria
|Learning outcomes On successful completion of this unit a learner will:||Assessment criteria for pass The learner can:|
|LO1 Understand the function and structure of resort operations||analyse the function of the resort operations of tour operators analyse the structure of the resort offices of different types of tour operator|
|LO2 Understand the role and impact of quality systems and procedures||discuss how effective quality systems and procedures affect legal and conflict situations analyse the impact of quality systems and procedures implemented by a specified tour operator on its operations|
|LO3 Understand the management issues relating to incidents||analyse incidents that could affect the operation of a resort evaluate the procedures to be implemented by a tour operator to deal with different incident discuss how procedures to be implemented by a tour operator link with guidelines of trade associations and government bodies|
This unit can be linked with:
- Unit 1: The Travel and Tourism Sector
- Unit 5: Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 8: Legislation and Ethics in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Unit 13: Special Interest Tourism
- Unit 14: Tour Operations Management
- Unit 17: Work-based Experience
- Unit 21: Incoming and Domestic Tourism.
This unit maps to the following Management NVQ units:
- B8: Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- D6: Allocate and monitor the progress and quality of work in your area of responsibility
- E5: Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- E6: Ensure health and safety requirements are met in your area of responsibility
- F3: Manage business processes
- F5: Resolve customer service problems
- F6: Monitor and solve customer service problems
- F7: Support customer service improvements
- F8: Work with others to improve customer service
- F11: Manage the achievement of customer satisfaction.