CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- Support physical development
- Support social development
- Support emotional development
- Support cognitive development
- Support communication development
- Create an environment for holistic learning and development
CHCECE010 describes the skills and knowledge to support and recognise the interrelationship between the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and communication development of children from birth to 6 years of age.
CHCECE010 applies to educators working in a range of early childhood education and care services.
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role. There must be demonstrated evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks at least once:
- supported the development of children in at least three different situations/activities (including different age groups and abilities), including:
- interacting with children to holistically support development and learning appropriate to the child’s abilities and age
- providing a variety of experiences and environments to support the different areas of children’s development (including a combination of physical, creative, social, emotional , language and cognitive)
- performed the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 120 hours of work in at least one regulated education and care service.
Related Article: CHCECE013 Assessment Answers
The candidate must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively do the task outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage the task and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. These include knowledge of:
- code of ethics
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- how to access:
- the National Quality Framework
- the National Quality Standards
- the relevant approved learning framework
- and how to navigate through framework and standards documents to find areas relevant to this unit of competency
- introductory-level child development for children, including:
- early brain development
- importance of the early years for subsequent educational success
- foundational knowledge of developmental theory
- aspects of poor early childhood development, such as:
- poor diet
- lack of play
- limited stimulation of brain development
- lack of materials and resources
- inconsistent or non-existent emotional support or comfort
- other life experiences which interrupt appropriate childhood activities, and their potential long-term harmful impacts
- biological and environmental influences on development
- symbol systems including letters, numbers, time, money and musical notation.
Get Cookery Assignment Help at affordable price now.
Get the best CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood answers by the Diploma Assignment Help. We have the best experts for CHCECE010 assessment answers